View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 02:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssdirecipient View Post
Thank you for the response. Do you mean sign up for TTW, then if I earn under $770 the benefits should continue? Or do you mean just notify them that I am working part time and earn under $770 and the benefits will continue? Won't any kind of work even under $770 be like "poking a bear?' Thanks again for any clarification you can give.
What if someone makes substantially lower than the $770, say $300 or $400, for an extended period of time. Will SSA try to kick you off after a couple of years? It would seem to me that SSA views the TTW and the TWP programs as a program for people trying to reenter the workforce, not as a way for someone to fly under the radar in order to supplement their SSDI. Won't SSA say hey if you can make $400 a month for years on end then you are probably not disabled, you are just gaming the system. Many people on SSDI can usually do enough to earn a few hundred dollars a month if they wanted to but the problem is working full time, over a long period of time and in a very competitive job market. Does anyone have any statistics or real life stories to support the what REALLY happens to people who work at a low level of income for a long period of time?
MoMike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ssdirecipient (03-24-2014)