View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo3 View Post
I agree that there is interest in the methylation cycle and its relationship with PD, and, ultimately you may be correct that it will lead to new treatments. However, that is much different than stating that new research strongly suggests that PD can be treated by fixing this. The research on the relationship between PD risk and problems with methylation is decades old. What would interest me, and probably many other members, would be if you can provide current research which gives evidence that controlling the cycle can be interventional (slow progression) or provide symptomatic relief. I certainly hope this can be found and, again, it's one of the reasons I'm interested in the inosine research. I was just unaware of any methylation research that supports your statements and would like to read it if available.
Dr Yasko and Dr Ben Lynch have apparently had good success treating autism, chronic fatigue patients etc. based on the methylation cycle mutations. I'm thinking PD patients also will benefit. Just not sure when big Pharma and NIH studies will get around to studying this in earnest (if ever), or if I have the years to wait. Just sayin . . . If I find any more recent studies I'll post. Best regards!
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote