View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I suggest you find a way to sleep without turning over. Flat on your back with a pillow that supports the sides of your head but not the back will allow you neck to stay straight. It takes work but the end result is worth it. If you do find the need to sleep on your side, you need a pillow that will support your head in a straight position.

I also suggest you get some foam ear plugs. Wear them when you walk. They will cause the impact of your foot plants to be obvious. Then, work on a stride, foot plant and such that reduces the impact to your head. Often, an activity will not manifest in symptoms until after the activity. You may need to find better shoes. Light jogging on your toes will be better than walking where you land on your heals.

Read the sticky at the top about vitamins. Up your intake of B vitamins and Omega 3 fish oil. B-12 plus a B-50 complex is important. Good food will not provide enough of either for an injured brain.

I bet you have used up your brain's reserve capacity that is used for healing from impacts. With good brain nutrition and no more impacts, you should be able to return to normal safe activity levels in time. Your next concussion will likely be much worse. Getting drunk will also not be tolerated by your brain.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote