View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 09:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
you had tons of dopamine in your urine? before or after you took mucana?
if before, where in the world did that dopamine come from? your're saying glutathione is a precursor to dopamine? btw, dopamine can't pass thru the BBB.

i take sinemet, carbidopa/l-dopa, and i get very nauseated if i take more than 200mg in 1 dose, i took A 25/250 TABLET once and was sick to my stomach which i assume was from the l-dopa getting converted into dopa in the blood stream.
I had alot of dopamine in my urine before I took the mucuna and about a third more after taking it. I don't understand why my body would produce excess dopamine and then dump it. I Guess it was being converted in the body/blood to dopamine but not in the brain. I understand dopamine doesn't pass thru the BBB, but L-dopa does. I never got nauseous at all. L-dopa andTyrosine are precursors to dopamine. Glutatione apparently allows dopamine to be more effective and is a master antioxidant, so if it's in short supply more damage can be done to mitrochondria and brain dopamine neurons.

The video below from Dr Rostenburg discusses the role of glutathione, dopamine and the methylation cycle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eq28PCvfsg

Last edited by zanpar321; 02-22-2014 at 10:26 PM.
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote