View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can't remember the time frame between the flu vaccine and the neuropathy but it was probably about 2 months from injection to the onset of symptoms. I'll see if I can figure out an exact date. Not blaming it, but trying to rack my brain for anything over the past 6-12 months that was new or unusual in my lifestyle.

I first noticed the burning pain after wearing some new shoes at work for a few hours. The shoes didn't feel tight when I put them on but by the end of the night I couldn't wait to get them off. Not sure if it was a cause or symptom.

The pain with this seems to be progressing rapidly. Some days worse than others, but really hasn't given me much warning. 3 months ago I felt perfectly fine. Just today I was having trouble walking around the kitchen and barely able to stand more than a few minutes at a time due to intense foot ache and burning.

Funny the foot with the obvious Tinel sign (left) hurts less than the one where I can't quite pinpoint any obvious Tinel (right). The symptoms and pain morph, progress, and regress hourly and daily (which doesn't sound uncommon for PN)

I'm really having trouble pinpointing a cause at the moment. At first I thought it was tight shoes but that seems unlikely after a few hours of wearing shoes. Then I moved on to alcohol as the next obvious culprit, but your saying that it doesn't normally progress fast?

I'd really like to have a good idea before I see my GP again or a Neurologist so I'm not going in unprepared and end up wasting everyones time.

Never took many medications. Occasional OTC or Norco/Percocet/Naproxen for pain. No other recent recreational drug use.

I've been using epsom foot baths for the past week, but I'll try the magnesium lotion as well. Heck, I'll try anything at this point!! Thanks MrsD for helping me investigate this. I'm going to start googling flu vaccines in the meantime.
IH8PN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote