Thread: anyone feel?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 12:09 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Okay, good. At least let him know about the temp and nausea.

Are you drinking enough water? You can get a low-grade temp with dehydration as well.

The drugs you are on can wreak havoc on the stomach, as Limpy mentioned. Prednisone is an anti-prostaglandin. What it does is reduce the gel coating of the stomach. It might be a good idea to take flax, fish, or krill oil while on it to help with that, but talk to your PCP before you do.

Do they also have you taking calcium and vitamin D daily?

I think you really need to have a discussion with your primary doctor about these issues. Sometimes they will think of things that a speciality doctor won't. And they might want to do a CBC, electrolytes, or other tests that shows how your body is adjusting to the medications.

Limpy, Have you been tested for celiac disease? I haven't been here for awhile—what are you taking for the LEMS? 3,4 DAP? Mestinon would help with gastroparesis. Higher fiber foods might help, too. What's also possible is that you have a lack of stomach acid instead of too much. A person needs acetylcholine to make stomach acid. Do you have a good primary doctor to discuss this with? Those little signs might seem like no big deal but when you have LEMS, you really need to keep in touch with your PCP. Its variable nature and the risk for small cell lung cancer, as I'm sure you're aware of, should be discussed with a PCP, as well as your neuro.

Whatever is causing the stomach upset, don't dismiss it, okay?

bny806, I agree that that dosing schedule is a bit whack. At this point, the adrenals have probably stopped working or are only minimally working. That's why it's so hard to get off of Pred.

Good luck with balancing the meds, Lisa!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bny806 (02-23-2014), limpy (02-23-2014)