View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 05:35 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sage~ View Post
Yes, the foot has already experienced all the stages of RSD so it would not be a spread but a re-ignition of the firestorm. And PM doc said Ortho could do nerve block, but he doesn't seem too familiar with RSD, so obviously I'm thinking, they won't be the ones dealing with the pain and fire.

A body part once a focal point of RSD after surgery on that part,
RSD now in remission, but,
Could YOU, would you, risk another surgery on that spot?

I am so afraid.

Has anyone here ever reported good results with a second surgery in this situation?

At 75, my chances of remission may not be as good as I also have more health issues now.
Darn it! Too tired, spaced and lost my post. Yes! I lost a toe 12 years ago with extreme RSD because 12 fractures would not heal. I was blessed that it did heal... completely blessed. Blocks, treatments and lesser surgeries did not help. I was in a W/C to rest for 6 months. However!! As has been said, amputation is not recommended, just last last resort. I would search for good extra opinions. Major medical centers usually deal with larger volumes of patients with our condition whose cases tend to be more severe, so I would start there first and ask ask questions.

Prayers for your health and a good outcome!

Hana
Hana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote