View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 08:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey PB! It was a good spell unfortunately. PN is something that goes up & down, but overall it's getting better. I was able to jump up and down lately, and my goal is still to be able to slam dunk again in the foreseeable future.

The smoking stop first went great and then I got seriously depressed and stopped sleeping. After 30 days I went to my GP, and she said that maybe I was doing too many things at a time (with quitting the booze and losing weight etc). She did not want me to take pills. But I didn't want to go back to smoking and settled for vaping. It's still an addiction, but a much less dangerous one, so that's what it is for now.

I have days without any pain at all, and that makes the days when pain comes back (again, in much milder form, but still...) potentially depressing. However, I just take it on the chin and move on. Relapse isn't even an option anymore, it's weird to feel free of that baggage.

So it's day 620, with 2 years and after that 1000 days just around the corner.

And you are doing great too - it will get better eventually. Although I can't promise you - depending on your height - that you'll ever be able to slam dunk again.
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (03-23-2014), Icedoctor (08-16-2018)