View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 10:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Steroid injection

Hi all,
Recently diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy. "Large c6-c7 herniated disc with c7 and c8 nerve root involvement". It was docs impression that a piece of the disc is affecting c8. I have had trouble for years after a fall but in November fired a shotgun and woke up with severe neck pain and the next day numbness in right pinky. A week or two later severe right arm pain and burning from elbow to wrist. I have since had intermittent tingling in left foot and left hand. My MRI says spinal cord displacement posterior and to the left. Docs report (neurosurgeon) report says spinal cord isn't displaced. So why the other symptoms? At any rate the doc wants to do an epidural steroid injection. The thing is I don't have anything more than mild neck pain right now and the only lingering effect is the numbness in pinky and occasionally in left foot and left hand. My question is will (can) the injection help with the numbness? I understand any answer will only be opinion but I can't find an a answer to the question and all info I found says this is more a pain treatment than anything. The doc says it may bring down inflammation and help the numbness. Thoughts?
tquick67675 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote