View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanpar321 View Post
I had alot of dopamine in my urine before I took the mucuna and about a third more after taking it. I don't understand why my body would produce excess dopamine and then dump it. I Guess it was being converted in the body/blood to dopamine but not in the brain. I understand dopamine doesn't pass thru the BBB, but L-dopa does. I never got nauseous at all. L-dopa andTyrosine are precursors to dopamine. Glutatione apparently allows dopamine to be more effective and is a master antioxidant, so if it's in short supply more damage can be done to mitrochondria and brain dopamine neurons.

The video below from Dr Rostenburg discusses the role of glutathione, dopamine and the methylation cycle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eq28PCvfsg
sorry, i can't take a video from a chiropractor seriously. you can believe what you want.
tyrosine is converted to dopamine in the brain and i believe also the adrenal glands, the eyes - i think forms melanin? and this is tightly regulated, how do you explain how eating ounces of tyrosine in an egg or piece of meat doesn't cause you to die by massive production of dopamine and every other enzyme in your system and on the flip side, why don't you exhibit pd symptoms if you fast for a week or don't eat protein? in addition, selegiline, a non-reversible mao-b inhibitor, was shown years ago not to slow pd progression, same with vitamin C and vitamin E.

people taking dopamine agonists have been shown to progress at the same rate as those taking l-dopa. NO DOPAMINE.

i guess my point is post whatever you want but i object to your constant claim that dopamine is harmful. before sinemet, what kind of life do you think pd'ers could look forward to? please think about the affect of what you post here on the less informed.

one double blinded trial with IV glutathione did not improve pd symptoms.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19230029
there's 1 study on nasal glutathione tested on pd'ers but no results published yet
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dilmar (02-25-2014), norton1 (05-16-2016), Tupelo3 (02-23-2014)