View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muireann View Post
Soccertease, That study on iv glutathione in pwps is meaningless. It does not address individual genomes or idiosyncratic methylation defects or attempt to correct methylation so that the body produces its own glutathione. This would take months of trial and error on a case by case basis.
i strongly disagree it is meaningless. it was a small study with just 10 patients getting the glutathione but they got A LOT OF GLUTATHIONE over 4 weeks. neither the control group nor the treatment group showed a significant change so placebo affect was not occurring and there were no adverse affects. i don't think you read the study. i point out this study whenever someone asks about IV glutathione when they stumble across the PERLMUTTER videos on youtube which costs thousands of dollars, i see some value in letting pd'er know about this study. so you think it was a total waste of time because the results were negative? that's what science is about.

sure maybe they didn't test for a METHYLATION mutation, maybe everyone was making enough of their own glutathione but the study was not worthless. it also shows that you don't have to have millions of dollars to run a study on a supplement nor the support from a drug company.

i doubt BASTYR did any gene testing for their nasal glutathione trial.

personally, i don't think anyone on this board is qualified to discuss methylation in a meaningful way. it just gets down to posting links that look good, that's not a discussion.

it is a study, not some anecdotal 3rd hand account. murieanne, you think that study is meaningless, what kind of study would you like to see? remember that the placebo affect is very strong in pd patients, they really want the treatment to work.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tupelo3 (02-23-2014)