View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 04:21 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Weight Loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrum View Post

The other very worrying bit is his weight loss(considering he was only 120 lbs before losing it!) and I can only find small mentions about weight loss and PD on reading. He hasn't lost his sense of smell and seems to be eating what he always has, just slower...
Hi Jennie,
I am also new to this board although my husband has had his PD diagnosis for 2.5 years now. He has also lost weight particularly in his butt and legs. It is obvious that he is losing muscle mass as he previously had an athletic build. My husband could use the weight loss but yours obviously cannot! Since yours has an appetite I would feed him up! I am not an expert but common sense tells me that healthy proteins increase body mass as well as any exercise that can be tolerated. My husband is now in PT but the good news is he always responds well to it: he loses much of his stiffness and regains strength rather quickly. I hate that you will have to wait for the MRI but I can tell you that it was definitive in my husband's case. It seems that it is now possible to isolate PD in the brain. At least you will be treating the right disorder. My thoughts will be with you! Lynn
texaslynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jcrum (02-23-2014)