View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Concussion Success Story

Hi everyone,

I sustained a concussion back in July and the symptoms were unbearable for 6-7 months. I was assaulted randomly and had numerous facial fractures. These symptoms included constant brain fog, short and long term memory issues, slow cognitive processing, extreme sensitivty to noise, ear and head tingling, etc. I am about 85-90% of what I was prior to the concussion and have improved a lot (feel free to look at my post history for some insight into my history). I was working as early as 3 months after the concussion (very mental job) and was studying for my CFA and taking two night classes. Life was hell.

I wanted to share with you all I did to get better...
-acupuncture
-chiropractor
-vitamin cocktail...fish oil, d3, magnesium, multi vitamin, potassium, etc
-exercise
-went to a TBI clinic to get tested
-anti depressants for the first 2 months (to help me sleep mainly)
-melatonin to help me sleep
-sleeping 10-12 hours a day with frequent naps in the evening
-slowing down (after my classes & studying for CFA was finished)
-neck stretches

These were all great and I think they all had a part to play, but I can honestly say that the biggest factors to me getting better was slowing the hell down (not taking on so much), and visiting a chiropractor. There is a lot of evidence out there that most of the PCS symptoms are really just problems of the neck. While it may not work for everybody, if you have PCS symptoms, you really need to visit a chiro and do neck stretches every single day.
It was not until i visited one, that the feeling of brain fog significantly subsided. I still have a pathetic short term memory (will even forget things 10-15s after), and when I push too hard my brain tingles, but please everyone, look more into how your neck contributes to symptoms and learn to slow the hell down. I am still not perfect, but it feels good to not be such a wreck like I was before.

If you have any questions, please PM me.
Willgetbetter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopefulmom (02-24-2014), kdog22 (07-14-2015), Laupala (07-14-2015), Mokey (02-25-2014), poetrymom (02-23-2014), thorx89 (08-25-2014), Tom from Queens (02-25-2014)