View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Any Help for Weird Illness...Acetylcholine Dysregulation?

Hi, there. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm desperate for some guidance.

I'm a 40 year old male with what appears to be some sort of acetylcholine dysregulation. I first contracted symptoms 15 years ago which were both constant tachycardia, very severe depression, nonstop panic and a 'revved' feeling which I assumed was adrenaline.

Long story short no psychotropic medications resolved the tachycardia nor any of the mental symptoms. I tried everything until I discovered phosphatidylserine complex (including ethanolamine and choline) addressed nearly all the symptoms: slowed my heart down reasonably, gave me clarity and I was able to go back to work.

Fast forward 10 years later or about 3 weeks ago I came down with a chest infection and took a Z-pac. The third night of use I was overcome by a panic attack and all of my old symptoms returned. The phosphatidyl serine complex no longer slowed down my heart and my panic returned. However, if I do not take it at all during the day things are worse. It just seems like my ACh is completely unregulated right now. Just a guess.

Sorry for the long winded post, but: any idea what could be happening? Autoimmune reaction? Why the weird reaction to a med that worked for > 10 years. I have had severe digestive problems over the years as well as a sensitive immune system. I wish I just had straightforward depression or anxiety.
Jdwca123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote