View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 06:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile MRI Lumbar Spine

Hi my name is Nicolaas 25years from South Africa.. I've lately been having alot of trouble and are concerned about my health my symptoms is low back pain, burning, electric shock like sensation down my legs left side mostly also loss of control in my leg and hands pins and needles at times a lot of muscle spasms or twitching left side mostly... Headache usually on my right side (pounding) I also have been diagnosed with heart failure (left ventricle) currently on a lot of blood pressure medications. I went to see my neurosurgeon the mri results was : MRI Lumbar Spine. No Significant malalignment. No Visualized significant disc degeneration or disc space narrowing. The conus terminates at D12/L1. On the axials there is an impression of congenital tendency to short pedicles with multiple level facets prominent and early degenerative changes. Particularly L4/5 and L5/S1 . No significant central stenosis. There is resultant multiple level mild foraminal narrowing however no visualized significant nerve root entrapment. Apart from on the L4/5 there is some loss of perineural fat planes around the exiting L4 nerve root on the left and to a lesser extent on the right. No significant stenosis or spondylotic changes L5/S1. Conclusion There is paravertebral degenerative changes and a suggestion of congenital tendency to short pedicles resluting in some foraminal narrowing at multpile levels however this is mostly marked at L4/5 bilaterally and slightly more towards the left hand side than the right possibly accounting for some of the patients pathology. Suggest correlate with the clinical findings. . My docter wants to start with lumbar infiltration corticosteroids every three months and feels I don't need a cut just yet.. Could someone please explain this results more thoroughly for me please much appreciated . I'm really stressed about the weakneSs and loss of control some days the pain is also bad at times but controllable. Thank you
Nicolaas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote