View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bio mechanical Stress.......

seems to be almost always overlooked here.

By bio-mechanical stress I mean to include skeletal misalignment, muscular problems, bound up fascia, old broken bones....any and everything PHYSICAL that uses up Dopamine supplies faster than is "normal."

What I know is that my PD symptoms 1st presented and are worse in those parts of the body injured through life...even if they didn't seem significant at the time of happening. Almost all of my injuries were just left to fix themselves...and in fact seemed to have done so for the most part...maybe less range of motion in the shoulder, a curious popping hip that never "bothered"me - until it became the short stride/foot drag pd thing. Cramping, curling PD toes on foot that got punctured by a fish-hook configured nail almost 40 years ago.

That's why I keep trying to find the magic body work that can fix those old nagging problems. CHris, your experience with massage points to this. I, in fact am waiting, as I write, for some body work/massage with a therapist who is supposed to be good with the frozen shoulder prob. WIll report on that later!

Of course there's still that emotional/mental stress TOO.........

I suspect dopamine gets gobbled up by ALL KINDS OF STRESS!

SO, let's not overlook the obvious, tho usually invisible to all but the keenest eye - those ancient bio-mechanical physical stresses!

I think we need STRESS DETECTIVES!!!!!!

Ibby
Ibken is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote