Thread: Newby here
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 01:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I approached this method when I had some additional medical documentation and questions on status by going to the office I was assigned to in the Minneapolis suburbs. I was told to take a number and my number would be called when my time to speak would be honored. After two hours of sitting, finally I am called to the window. I spoke to the person at the window and asked to speak to the case person handling my claim. I mention I have some paper to add to my claim and in turn received a good response. The case workers are very busy working on claims. They do not take documentation or visits until your case is under review. They will take your submittals in the mail. I asked for a name of a contact person by name to submit these papers so they may get to my file and not placed elsewhere. I only received mailing envelope addressed to SSA. It was like pulling teeth the get the initials of the person to attention my paper work to. I assume that SSA in Minneapolis is very busy, and maybe my counselor knew what she was talking about when she stated, “Do not bother them.”

My local SSA office was the same. Take a number, wait for hours and hours, just to hand them something. They had a drop box but removed it for fear someone would drop an explosive device in it instead of claim information. They required you to take a number just to drop something off. I hurt so bad that I could not sit there for hours and I began mailing things priority and certified mail after that encounter.

But I have one better than you.......... we took a number, waited hours, just to be called to the window to "check in", and told to take a seat until we were called again. Just to hand them an envelope. Did not need to "speak" to anyone. Just wanted to hand them a sealed envelope. Finally called to a window the 2nd time, handed them the envelope, and hobbled out the door. No words were spoken.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LittleLegs (03-03-2014)