Thread: Newby here
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 03:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLegs View Post
I thank you for the immediate response to my questions regarding the Social Security office and the few questions I have brought forward.

Getting back to you, in response to your statement following:
“First, the SSA and DDS employees would like nothing better than to get your case off of their pending workload by making either a favorable or unfavorable decision. It is a normal part of their workday to answer questions about Status.”
I approached this method when I had some additional medical documentation and questions on status by going to the office I was assigned to in the Minneapolis suburbs. I was told to take a number and my number would be called when my time to speak would be honored. After two hours of sitting, finally I am called to the window. I spoke to the person at the window and asked to speak to the case person handling my claim. I mention I have some paper to add to my claim and in turn received a good response. The case workers are very busy working on claims. They do not take documentation or visits until your case is under review. They will take your submittals in the mail. I asked for a name of a contact person by name to submit these papers so they may get to my file and not placed elsewhere. I only received mailing envelope addressed to SSA. It was like pulling teeth the get the initials of the person to attention my paper work to. I assume that SSA in Minneapolis is very busy, and maybe my counselor knew what she was talking about when she stated, “Do not bother them.”

Second, You mention my age and reduced retirement and options, I will look into this. I thank you.

Third, You mentioned, “Third parties cannot file claims.” The third party here was help in filing the initial claim necessary documentation that is needed to file properly with SSA. Yes, three to four months gathering the list of past employers and contact personal , medical information relating to prescriptions used, doctors (either whom I am seeing now or past and present surgeons), hospital stays (dates, treatments and etc.). and two small essays , one 2000 word, and for sakes do not go over the word count, on limits imposed on your daily living, the other at 205 words, “Why I am unable to work.” She did a nice job in helping me get the right information, submitted the application, and yes I signed the forms and I have a “Confirmation Number” dated on September 6, 2013. Since my claim was filed in September, I have not once been contacted by anyone from SSA

I look forward to any other information you and others can give to expedite this claim. Thank you again.

Five months is a long time to not have any contact at all. You can either sit back and wait or make a few more phone calls, starting with 1-800-772-1213 and see if you can get the phone number of the DDS your case is assigned to and then through that number, find the analyst assigned. That would not be someone in your local office.

No one here can do anything. It may take a lot of time on the phone, but you can get information and status if you are proactive. Or you can believe that counselor who told you not to do any follow ups. The claims reps in your local office are probably not going to do anything on your case unless the DDS finds you disabled and it can be difficult or impossible to catch them between new claims processing and approved claims processing. Did your counselor explain the process to you?

A 2000 word essay is a lot to read. I also doubt that anyone is going to contact your former employers unless there is some reason to doubt what you say or unless you state you were working and performing SGA after your date of onset. Your counselor should understand those concepts too.

I have no more suggestions although I am glad you have a confirmation number that the claim was filed.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LittleLegs (03-03-2014)