View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Simple Partial Seizures

I have had what I believe to be simple partial seizures my entire life. I have never taken medication because the seizures are so few and far between that I felt the med side effects weren't worth it. However, I recently started taking birth control and since I have been a mess. I started having seizures, multiple seizures sometimes in one day, and have been just completely out of it since. Smells are off, daily activities and environments are uncomfortable feeling. I'm just not myself and can't feel comfortable about anything because everything is just "off". I stopped taking the birth control but I'm still not feeling right. I assume it takes a few days at least for the medicine to completely leave my system. Also, I had the EEG monitor this weekend.. the one you wear for 72 hours? I go back to have that read on Thursday. I'm just really scared that taking the BC has done something permanent. I'm sure that's not possible but it's been over a week now. Has anyone had anything like this happen? Or even experience with simple partial seizures? I would love to talk to someone else that has gone through this. Thanks!
evanhoo2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote