View Single Post
Old 02-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Default Best natural supplements for social anxiety?

My psychiatrist prescribed me an SSRI called Citalopram about a month ago. I haven't taken any yet, because I would rather take a more natural approach. I have been taking Pharma GABA for about 2 weeks now and it has been working wonders in terms of general anxiety. It clears my mind of automatic negative thoughts, I can focus more and it calms me down. It also keeps my anxiety from getting so bad that it causes stomach issues. I took one 100mg capsule of 5HTP before I went to work last night to see if that would help me with social anxiety and depression caused from social anxiety. It made social situations a little easier, but not a lot. I was still my typical quiet self, but I made some conversation. I probably need to take more than just 100mg at once. The downside of the 5HTP is that is bothered my stomach a lot. Are there any other mood lifters that don't cause stomach issues?

I also plan to try out: Rhodiola Rosea, SAM-E, Magnesium, Holy Basil, and maybe St. John's Wort.

Has anyone taken any of these? Which are the best for social anxiety? I'm looking for something that will lift my mood, which will allow for a more natural confidence in social situations.

I would appreciate any help from any of the experts on here.

Best Regards,

Robert
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (05-08-2014), Lara (03-12-2014)