View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I hope it stops hurting for you soon. Nothing worse than being in pain and not being able to get any relief.

I never understood how bad pain could get till my shoulder froze. Plus, it made my daily life pretty bad. I wasn't able to wash my hair, and then there was the fact that the pain, and the way I had to hold my arm was starting to cause me problems with balance and felt like it messed up my walking.

When I was having that pain from the frozen shoulder, it was probably the worst pain I'd ever felt. It also felt like it was causing my MS to get worse. I was happy when the shoulder doctor told me that it wasn't caused by the MS. He said that it was a common thing for women my age (I'll be 45 in may) and that he sees 4 or 5 women a week with frozen shoulder.

I could not believe how painful it was. And except for a short dosepack of oral prednisone, nothing I did for it helped until that shoulder doctor walked in with 3 syringes full of cortisone.

I just found out that I'm seriously b12 deficient. (my b12 is 252. Normal is between 246 and 911. According to my doctor) I'm trying to figure out if the low b12 could have caused my shoulder issue. I still occasionally get a twinge, but now it feels like a pulled muscle. I'm just glad it only an occasional pulled muscle feeling, rather than what was going on back in december. I do not want that pain to come back, and I don't want it to happen to my other shoulder.

Hopefully they can figure out something to make it stop hurting for you very soon.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote