View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:57 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello Nervous1

I am so very sorry for everything you are going through.

I have SFN compliments of diabetes and 6 rounds of chemo (taxol/carbo). This journey I'm on is a very slow trip and quite frustrating. In the 10 months that I've been dealing with this I've been on gaba/Neurontin.....gone from 100 mg in May of last year to my current 1800 mg a day. If I remember correctly, my neuro added Cymbalta in early Jan at 60 mg a night and raised it last week to 90 mg a night. The gaba took a good week to get into my system with every increase but would then level off. That is until I got to 2700 mg and then it just made me kinda crazier than I already am. I'm assuming the meds helps some but I still have to take vicodin every 3 to 4 hours to deal with the pain. My best guess is that he will continue to increase the Cymbalta until I either crack or he gets to max dosage. I believe the last thing he will try is dropping the Cymbalta and adding lyrica in it's place.

Bless your heart...the stress you are under can really wreak havoc with family and work. Just wanted you to know I was thinking about you and that I do care and hope you find a combination that works for you.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-26-2014)