View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 04:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Here's Hoping

dear katherine, that you came through your surgery yesterday with flying colors and will be able to spend a quiet holiday weekend resting up and recovering from the trauma and insult of the operation.

keep lots of ice on the incision site itself as well as on the affected arm and surrounding areas; that's always seemed to help many of us going through this very same thing. and stay on top of the prescribed meds, for your body will heal better if you can keep the pain under control. if the nurses aren't bringing them every 3-4 hours (however they're rx'd by your surgeon, he's running the show), make noise! as everyone gets busy and it pays to be proactive in these situations (actually i read somewhere if you can, have a family member or friend do that last bit for you, then you get to hunker back on the comfy pillows and not be seen as a 'difficult patient', which would also rock!

but the main thing is to take care of you, whatever it takes during this critical phase of your immediate post-op phase of recovery.

sure will be thinking of you, katherine. this ain't no walk in the park, that's for sure. i remember clutching onto my 4 or 5 little bags of frozen peas while i was still in the hospital like there was no tomorrow!

totally saved my life.
do let us know how it went for you as you are able, dear.

all my best to you,
alison
Sea Pines 50 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote