View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 11:08 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Nervous1,

I'm sorry to hear you have joined our awful journey.

Everyone's response to Lyrica can differ, but since I'm on it I thought to share my experience with it.

I'm currently on 300mg per day, 150 on the morning and again at night. I also take 200mg Tramadol per day. This keeps my pain manageable so I can work part time, and sleep at night.

Obviously my Lyrica dose age started off much lower and was slowly increased until the electric shocks stopped. That took a few months to achieve. During that time I was spaced out and afraid to drive, but I somehow managed. That was 5 or 6 months ago now. I can tell you that for me at least, I'm fine. No more spaced out feeling. It took roughly 3mths to feel this way.

As for that loss of short term memory, I still have it. It hasn't gotten any worse or better, just stayed at a constant annoying stage. Half way through saying something I'll lose my train of thought and forget what I was talking about.

It's no fun, but its not quite debilitating either. I've adjusted, and learned to live with it.

I've put on some weight.

Doctors have not found a cause for my neuropathy so I'm experimenting. Since Xmas went gluten free and have noticed quite a few changes in my body. The neuropathy is still there, but other life long symptoms have started clearing, and some brain fog has lifted. So my hope is gluten has poisoned me for decades, and once my nerves heal I can wave goodbye to Lyrica. But that's a long way off.

I hope your story is shorter than mine & others here.
AussieDebbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hopeful (02-26-2014)