View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 12:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
The link should take you to a study done at the Dalin Tzu Chi Hospital in Taiwan, which I happen to know is an excellent hospital, as is the organisation, Tzu Chi, that runs it. Only time will tell if these methylation things will be relevant to PD. I am finding that my PD symptoms are quite distinct from B12etc., though superficially they may seem similar. An example of this is biilateral neuropathy but unilateral right sided rigidity, which has not changed much since 1995. those with B12 and no PD symptoms have few of the hall mark signs we do, no FOG, masking etc. I'm keeping a very open mind, and would also like to know about Zanpars route to diagnosis and treatment, as I have noticed his/her posts elsewhere.

The study is interesting because there is this point in PD and in B12 def where it becomes difficult to use l-dopa/B12.They seem to be in a remarkably similar place, so do these genes fulfill several purposes. I don't know enough to even know if that is possible, but I like learning
Very interesting points. B12 absorption is critical in the methylation cycle and affects the creation of glutathione, SAMe, DNA repair, mitochondria health, Detox etc. So if this cycle is impaired we will experience a health crisis sooner or later.

The below link may have been cited before but it is a good explanation of methylation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uqEDK6BvM
zanpar321 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote