View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Update 02/26/14

My oh my... What a doozy...
After switching to amoxicillin, everything seemed to go in the right direction. Absolutely no pain whatsoever...
This morning was my follow up for the post work on both rcs.
I get there at 10am and we begin...
Mind you, no pain on the upper one at all.
He asked me if I want an anesthetic shot just in case. After all the pain over the weekend I said why the heck not... First shot ok, second ok, third a little bit of pain.
He begins cleaning the tooth in getting it rdy for the reconstruction.
Minor discomfort but noting major until he begins cleaning with a disinfectant. Not sure what it's called, he did tell me but I forgot. The most excruciating possible pain I have ever experienced in my entire life takes over.
I know it may sound funny or scary to some but I literally felt like strangling him with my left hand and the hygenist with my right.
At this point all 3 of us freaked out.
He stops, takes another xray only to notice that the bone still had a lot of infection.
In a split second we both agree that this thing had to come out.
2 shots of novocaine and 30min later I'm Bubba the toothless.
He did pull it out fairly rapid with one minor chip. He scraped and cleaned the bone nicely.
Felling a million times better as I write this.
Really no need for pain meds at all. Kinda surprised actually. It's been 9hrs and the only discomfort I feel is from the shots in the gum...
Any idea how long it will take the socket to close up?
Should I rinse with a warm salt water as I read on this forum or just wait it out?
On the print out they gave me when I left they clearly mentioned no rinsing...
Any advice is greatly appreciated... But overall pleased with the outcome and level of care I have received although I had my doubts at first tbh.

Sincerely,
Tony
Tmatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote