Thread: Newby here
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLegs View Post
Took your advice and became my own advocate, and after spending the day on the phone produced some interesting results. Called the 800 number and received a very courdeous person on the other side. He did say my medical release document was missing and has created the delay, but now that they recently switched to online submittials, I would have to resubmit the entire application just to submit the medical release document. I stated to this person that the medical form (SSA-827) was submitted three times, once with application, two times-in person, in long waits to get to a window with number in hand, and once mailed to their branch office with their postage paid envelope. Why they haven't received it, no one has an answer. After discussing this with my insurance provider, I have the counselor back, along with an attorney supplied the help me through this. Thank you again on the advice to become my own advocate. Oh, by the way, my local TV station, investigative reports, has found my story quite interesting and would like to come over and visit me. Will let you know the outcome at a later date so that we all can better educated with the SSA and disability forms.
I am glad you took action and found out the reason. However, when these news media people interview you, I hope that you are sure to mention the bad advice given to you by this counselor that you relied on; to not make phone calls because your case will be put at the bottom of the pile, which is totally untrue.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LittleLegs (03-03-2014)