View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyWP View Post
My left hand and wrist has been battling rsd for 20 years now. I found I could carve wood. I carved to keep my hand busy and take my mind off rsd. Now my elbow has been hurting for about a month. My pcp said it was tennis elbow and to stop carving and rest and use ice for swelling. I did not use ice but I did stop carving and rested. Now the pain is worse and I am not sure whether tennis elbow takes a long time to heal or I am reinjuring somehow (altho I do not see how) or resting it is encouraging the rsd to spread. I feel the pain has changed from like a pulled muscle to rsd like burning and aching, to shock like pain that travels to my hand. Has anyone of you had tennis elbow and am I just worrying needlessly as my doc says? Any comments truly appreciated. Thanks.
its funny you say this..About 2 months ago I pulled a muscle in my left should down arm,hurt a lot.Went to the doctor,told me heat and exercise it.now my elbow is very tender.When it first happened I thought oh boy..Pain was terrible started changing the way you said burning,pain,and thumbness ,tingling...so I thought rsd.But after 6 weeks ,started to only hurt elbow area..I cannot lay it against anything..The pain shoots up.The sheets even hurt against..But different than rsd..I have that it right hip to foot and started in left hip and knee..4 years worth..I hope this helped.. My hubby says he thinks I have tennis elbow.I see my doctor tomorrow I will let you know how it goes..
moosey2me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote