View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Help please with MRI results / diagnosis

Hi, I would appreciate a some advice regarding my diagnosis or lack of. I have been referred to a neurologist following intense headaches (tension, icepick, migraine), an episode of hemiplegic migraine, numbness in right hand and leg and shooting pain in various regions such as back, abdomen.

I had am MRI scan and the findings are:

Brain scan - normal

Spine scan:broad based osteophyte complex at C5/6 with narrowing of right exiting foramen and mild impingement of C6 nerve root. At C6/7 broad based osteophyte complex indenting the thecal sac with encroachment into exiting foramen. Although there may be impingement of C7 nerve roots no significant compression is seen. Possible mild impingement of right C6 and both C7 nerve roots.

At T5/6 focal right centro-lateral disc protrusion which is impinging on the central chord with some flattening of the sagittal T2. No axial sections available. No exiting nerve root compromise. At T6/7 focal right centro-lateral disc protrusion with flattening of the sagittal T2. No axial sections available.no other areas scanned.

The letter from the neurologist states that as brain scan is normal and there is no evidence to support a neurological cause for my symptoms. The spinal findings are incidental findings and need not to be acted upon .

Recommends Amithriptylin.

I really feel like this can't be right especially since most damage to might spine is on the right side, same as the numbness. I am considering challenging the neurologist and going for a second opinion however I would like to ask for an opinion here before starting a long and unpleasant for all complaint procedure.I would really appreciate some advice

Thank you,
monicaholl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote