View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ravenclaw, I'm sorry the ER doc didn't know what to do. If that happens again, tell him you're having cholinergic symptoms and might need a SMALL dose of Atropine to counteract it.

Have you ever had Atropine? If you've had an eye appt. you've had it! That's what they put in their numbing drops to dilate the eyes.

There are muscles on your head. I get tension headaches when the head/neck muscles get too weak.

The "worm" thing might've been the Mestinon affecting your peripheral nerves.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC487008/

You did NOT overreact! Even two hours in a cholinergic crisis can injure or kill someone. You could've stopped breathing. So it is absolutely not an overreaction to head to the ER. In fact, if it's a severe situation, there should be a 911 call!

I wouldn't recommend this, because you really need professional help when that happens, but I have used Benadryl on the rare occasion when I took a dose too soon. Your symptoms were not good and you did EXACTLY what you should have!

Speak to your neurologist and get his/her opinion on how to prepare or act in the future. You needed help right away, and the ER doc didn't help you. Ask your neuro to come up with a plan for you if this ever happens again. Some people are prescribed Atropine for times like this. But too much Atropine can throw you into a myasthenic crisis, which is why the ER (usually) is the best place for you.

I hope that helps.

Panorama, The live cultures help, but you are also getting sugar and fat that you wouldn't have in a pill. Only you can decide what works best for you.

Annie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Mestinon_Suspension_60mg-Tablet_60-180mg_PI_May01.pdf (38.7 KB, 78 views)
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6618 (02-28-2014), Panorama (02-27-2014), rach73 (03-15-2014)