View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Mathew,
I am surprised also because 10 days is a very short time on a relatively low dose.

I was on Lyrica for several yrs at 100-125 mg per day. I stopped this past November with a very slow taper but after 2.5 months had to go back on it because a previous problem of complex partial seizures came back rather aggressively. Honestly, Lyrica has helped me with my neuropathy but, I have found it to be a bizarre drug to taper off. I will be seeing a neurologist to figure out what happened as I had not had these seizures in decades. My pain doc wants to see if it is related to the Lyrica withdrawal.

I also had insomnia, jittery/anxiety, loss of appetite, headaches,and just felt very trippy like I had been doing hallucinogens(sp?).

Have you taken anything to help you sleep? My suggestion is to take something to help sleep, like Ambien or a tranquilizer like Lorazepam for a brief period to get some sleep. Or if you don't want to take prescription sleep meds take chamomile tea and a hot shower before bed. Or get to a local health food store that sells supplements and ask for advice on what supplement they recommend for sleep.

If it were me, I would not go back on, just to taper off. What advice is your doc giving you? When my doc gave me Lyrica the first time he said I may feel dizzy and that I should not drive for 1-2 weeks until I was feeling acclimated to the drug.
I hope you get some sleep soon, Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (02-28-2014)