View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Kathi,
Even though this was so tough for you, so sad, you gave your Mom enormous joy at the end of her life.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. You sound like a wonderful daughter and your Mom was blessed to have you.
Diandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathi49 View Post
Thank you Diandra! I am sitting here looking at my Mom's empty chair and it is hard.

My story is a bit different. My husband and I built a detached condo. We started in August of 2012; packing, sold our home in 6 days, moved to an apartment and finally moved into our new home September 25th of 2013. But before this all began we asked my mother to move in with us. She was so happy! So excited at age 86 to begin a new phase in her life.

For months we kept her involved with all of our choices; always asking for her input. Little did we know how sick she was going to become.

On October 23rd of this year she moved in and was just thrilled. I had given her the entire Master Bedroom suite with an attached Sunroom I knew she would love and she did! I went into that Sunroom one day and she was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said, "You just don't know how happy I am to be here with you." Maybe she knew something, maybe she didn't. But I never heard her complain about a thing other than back pain.

Long story short, by November 8th she was at the ER. On November 30th she passed from Acute Leukemia. She did not want any treatment whatsoever and we all honored her wishes.

I miss her so much! We had so many plans. But what I have done is to get the things she had mentioned in her honor. Of course, I wanted to decorate too. But she had wanted a bedroom suit just like mine and after she passed I bought it. I plan on getting new cushions for the Sunroom furniture she had brought with her. It was another thing we were going to shop for. And she wanted the now empty chair to be re-upholsted. I will be doing that soon. For now, I keep her close with the things she had brought with her. I kept some of her clothes as they fit me too. And I just hug them when I am missing her.

So, yes, no matter how hard it is. Just remember your younger years when they tended to you.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-01-2014)