View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 10:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good Morning Diandra and group :)

My mom used to think the internet was the devil but her mind set has changed a lot since then....I'm thinking an IPad might just be the thing for her.

We had been talking about building on for her for a few years. I told her I wanted her up here and comfortable before something happened that would make it harder for her to adapt. Which I now know was the right thing to do.

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since she moved in and she's doing well. The dementia seems to come and go which I've heard is normal. She knows her mind doesn't work right at times and actually wants to talk about it. Most seniors I've been around don't talk about that at all. She wants to know that I will be there even if her mind isn't. She came over last night and asked me if I would be putting her in a nursing home if her health got bad. I assured her I would not do that. With medicare and her private insurance plus her own funds I will be able to keep her here thank goodness.

On my bad, in the bed days, she takes care of me. Bringing me meds, drinks or whatever I need and that seems to help her to. All my life I've wanted my mom with me when I felt bad and bless her heart.....she's still doing that for me.

Thanks for listening.......I'll probably keep posting to this thread as my journey with my mom is just beginning again and I'm happy about it.

Love you all to pieces !
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DejaVu (08-06-2015), Diandra (03-02-2014), eva5667faliure (03-01-2014), tamiloo (07-06-2014)