View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Janiee,

Welcome to the forum! Years ago when I was a kid around 9-10 yrs. old I started having wicked migraine headaches and then by the age of 10 I started to have absence sz. (seizures). If I may ask when you get say the wrong words or have the numb feelings do you ever see colors in your eyes, smell odd odors like something burning or natural gas, or have you ever gotten a nervous feeling in your stomach? These are all signs of simple partial sz. also called aura sz.
My advice to you is to have your family Dr. get you in to see an Epileptologist which is a Dr. who specializes in epilepsy and they can do an e.e.g. on you along with an MRI and a CT scan. Another thing that can be done is the Epileptologist can have you see a neuropsychologist who will do special tests on you to see what is going on with your brain along with what side of your brain you are using for speech and memory. The tests are easy to do. I want you to start keeping track if when you get the migraines if a low pressure in the weather is happening because often that can trigger a migraine and also hormones changing each month. Cut back on the starch carbs and caffeine and stay away from NutraSweet which has been proven to cause migraines and seizures. Start taking vitamin B12 once a day 1000 mcg. and see if that will help. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote