View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sweet Megan,
Welcome to the RSD (Really Sucks Disease) club! A member that no one EVER wants to be, but everyone who is, totally and completely supports, prays and understands each and every member!!! We are an exclusive club of many, we are ALWAYS here for each and every one of us! Do NOT ever think that there is a question that is too stupid or a feeling that is too embarrassing! I promise you.... WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE, DONE THAT & probably will again and again!!!

First and foremost, I would suggest that you get a KNOWLEDGABLE Pain Management Dr. to help you with your RSD! The good thing about your early diagnosis (if there is a good thing about an RSD diagnosis) is that you have a better chance of remission!! YES! I said remission!!! NOT A CURE, but remission none the less! So do some research and check for a knowledgable RSD/CRPS Pain Management Dr that you can get started with ASAP! Ask people on this site for info about a knowledgeable Dr. In your City and State. You will be surprised what info you will get!

2nd and I believe to be very important for any person with this very excruciating disease... anti depressants and possibly therapy to teach you coping tools for not only the pain, but all the emotions that come with it! This disease plays a toll on us not only physically but emotionally as well! Please think about this!!! Many patients I'm sure will tell you that there is guilt associated with .us regarding our with their loved ones and caregivers not to mention the endless pain. Just a suggestion to consider.

3rd find a STRONG support system!!!! This disease can have a way of getting you to isolate yourself! It's just natural because we don't want to put anymore on our loved one than we already have, and there are days that we can't do what we used to! REMEMBER..... Our friends and loved ones love us!!! Keep that communication open from the start!!!! It is VITAL!!! Stay as "connected as possible!!!! It is HUGE!!!

And 4th... Don't get discouraged! This disease has a way of letting you down! You will see posts from people who have WONDERFUL responses from some treatments, but your body and your RSD MAY or MAY NOT respond differently!!! This disease is a monster and it has a mind of it's own. Not all treatments work the same for everyone!!!! DONT GET DISCOURAGED!!! Stay positive!!!! REMEMBER, we are here for you!!! You may have RSD, BUT RSD CAN NOT HAVE YOU!!! Please feel free to email mail me AT ANYTIME!!! renhenne@aol.com or friend me on Facebook; Renee Duhon Henne, from Florida! I will be more than happy to talk with you about ANYTHING!!!

I hope this helps! May God bless you and keep you safe! Gentle hugs!!!
Renee', (RSD survivor and fighter for 10 years)
renhenne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lottie (03-03-2014)