Thread: Ivig
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

See I had last year after my horror story 5 IVIGs in the hospital. They didn't bring back my swallowing so the doctors there said it did nothing for me. Okay wrong. After my first one I was talking and wanting to wash my hair. Lol. I was up and walking after 2 weeks of being bedridden in the ICU. I also wouldn't get off my phone. Night and day. Lol. So is why I feel excited to finally get an IVIG. See to bring back my swallowing I had to have 10 plasmapheresis done. My story short. March 11 2013...11pm. Couldn't swallow my mestinon. Liquid or tablet. Breathing was becoming harder. Went to ER with the window down all the way to get air. Waited in ER after telling them I couldn't breath. Gave me beeper. Can u believe that! Finally got in. Doc told me to put the mestinon under my tongue like a nitro. Didn't work. Nurse was rude. They did a chest xray. I remember sitting at the edge of bed gasping for air. They came in gave me medication in a breathing thing. Nurse pushed me to lye back down.
Parents told me the rest because after that. I turned purple and overheated. Mom thought I was having a seizure but I was gasping and flailing for air. Then went limp and mom said my bladder let go. So I passed. The ER doc stood with his mouth hung open while the paramedics brought me back to life.
Next thing I know I was in another hospital. Was told I had 2 collapsed lungs. I had been incubated. Had 4 chest tubes. I had aspiration pneumonia which caused my crisis which caused my lungs to collapse. Another ambulance trip to a Hospital that knows MG. So 28 days in 3 hospitals.2weeks of incubation. I get my care now at the 3rd hospital.

Lol that was long sorry. Still sooo excited to get those much needed IVIGs. Woot
huntress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bipedal Primate (03-01-2014), pingpongman (03-01-2014)