View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What should Expect?

I was diagnosed with CRPS on New Year's Eve (great way to start off the New Year) in my right foot/ankle. I fell in July, at work, and tore some ligaments and tendons in my ankle. This resulted in surgery in September. And eventually the dreaded diagnosis.

I have had 2 lumbar sympathetic blocks in the past 2 months. The first one was great my pain went down to a 5/10 and the temp of my foot went up 5 degrees. This last one was horrible! It took forever to get the needle in the right spot and after all that it didn't work.

I have an appointment with my pain doc next week but I don't know what to expect. What steps he may suggest? I guess I'm just a little scared because I was really counting on the blocks to work. I haven't been back to physical therapy since the first block and I am worried about how much I may have lost.

Also as far as meds I am taking Neurontin 4 times a day, Elavil at night and a coumpounding cream of ketamine, lido, and gabapentin. Even with the Elavil I am still not sleeping.

Any advice is welcome!
NurseKris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote