View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Oh no....my snow is melting

My PCP had me listed as pre-diabetic for a few years....I'm type 2 now....the chemo caused my A1C to spike to 8.7 which is really not that high but I guess with the chemo drugs it just did a job on me. And my dr said the same as yours....this can still happen with well controlled diabetes.

I have been on metformin 2 a day and this past May she added 2 mg of glimepiride/Amaryl...pretty much the same as you but they raised your metformin. The glimepiride brought my A1C down from 8.7 to 6.7 in 3 months...when my A1C was checked again in 3 months it was still 6.7. Still hoping to get that number lower.

Getting started on the gabapentin was pretty hard.....he had me increasing every week....when I would increase I would have a headache every afternoon for about 4 days, was grouchy, lightheaded and unbalanced. After the 4 days it would stop and then I'd have to up it again.....this last time he upped it I asked if I could increase every 2 weeks and he said ok....that made all the difference in the world.

We have a large yard and I usually walk the dog 4 or 5 times a day. Some days that is not possible and I've even had to call family over to walk him when my husband was not home. Thankfully that does not happen a lot but I really have trouble walking, standing or just having my feet on any surface.

I tried the Capsaicin cream for about 4 weeks but couldn't tell any difference in the pain. They told me the cream would be warm on my feet but I didn't feel a thing. When I told the dr he just laughed. My upper right arm wakes me up at night and if I put that cheap icy hot on it that helps. And I can feel the warmth.....tried it on my feet too but could not feel any warmth. Oh well I tried

My feet like something cold....my side porch is terracotta tiles and sometimes I just go out there barefoot and stand for a few minutes. I also have a 'chillow', the one advertised on TV, and use it on my feet too.

My newest symptom is stinging...weird I think. My pain and symptoms ebb and flow all day long.

Godebod to talk to you. Please keep us posted

Debi from Georgia
Hi Deb, How are you doing? Garbapentin makes me drowsy. Have some days that are bearable have a few that are not.
uglogirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote