View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Raigne
I am new here too! Sorry you are having trouble walking. I too have been tested for MS. Actually that's how I found my chiari dx. I have had numbness in my feet and decreased sensory awareness to temperature in my extremities as well. I also recently have had tongue numbness???

The chiari really took me by surprise. I was just diagnosed yesterday! I have read a lot about it but I still feel so uneducated. My neuro really did not spend time with me at my appt. he basically told me he could refer me to a neurosurgeon if I wanted....of course I do not wnt brain surgery! But I feel so disappointed that there is nothing I can do to help me with the numbness.

I was really thinking it was MS. My MRIs were negative. I am getting a second opinion so I can hopefully find a neuro who can better educate me about the chiari. I don't even know if I am to restrict any physical activities??? I feel my neuro basically answered some brief questions then showed me a website and said come back in 6 months.

It's so scary knowing part if your brain is not where it should be. I am still a little curious about MS. As far as I know I do not have a syrinx. My chiari is at the 5mm mark.

Let me know how your testin goes. I was actually just researching chiari and ms. I am curious if anyone can have both or that the chiari really does mimic ms. I want to know how it can cause similar symptoms but not be a demylenating disease? Also if you have numbness or sensory issues it can't be treated like it can with ms?
mimiRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote