View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Poll Learning how to be a self-advocate at Hospital and Doctor Appointments

After each Doctor visit I ask for all copies of any diagnostic results for my personal records.

I research any questions I want to ask my Neurologist before our appointment and try to educate myself as much as I can. Thank G-d for THIS SUPPORT GROUP.

I hand carry ALL of my medical history and documentation to every new Doctor I see. This way I can present the "proof" to their face, as needed.

I take:

both my MRI's and CT CHEST SCANs-- these are the original film given to me at the hospital after I had them done. They are big and awkward to carry around but worth it. I also have them emailed to me.

My current physical check-up results with all my recent blood analysis and lab work done by my gynocologist and GP.

A copy of my AChR antibody Blood test that is POSITIVE

Before and After photos of my ptosis
{{{Funny enough, so far the most useful "evidence" are photos of my face before and after taking Mestiton! It is clear in my pictures that before Mestiton my ptosis is really bad and one hour after taking 60mg my ptosis is better.}}}

The doctors CAN NOT deny what is in front of their face ---- well I take that back, some sadly can!
Bipedal Primate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote