View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 12:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Advice about meds if you can,

Hi guys,
I haven't been around for a while but I know this site is always there for people like me who need some advice. I've been through years and years of torturous lower back pain, I tried an SCS by Medtronics a couple of years ago and it stopped working after a few months when they then discovered I had more disc problems, like a lot of people on here, right
To cut an even longer story short I had a lumbar fusion at the end of October, L3-4-5-S1 and disc replacement at L2-3 and he cleaned up tons of scare tissue around the area too.
I'm now at the stage where I'm walking about a mile and a half every day and I desperately want to drive again. My independence is important to me as I'm sure it is for you. Physically there is no reason why I can't drive except for my meds.

I've come down from some meds but I think I perhaps need to come off some or all of the Oxy's I'm taking, OxyContin 60mg twice a day and Oxynorm 20mg when I need them, which is at least 3-4 times a day. I'm aware everyone is different.
Has anyone else had an experience like this, where they've had to come off meds, like this so they can drive and if you don't mind telling me or PM me I'd love know what they were. Obviously I'll be doing this under my Dr's supervision but I might not get to see him for a while and I'll have some research done.

Thank you all for reading my long story and of I can offer advice or help to anyone I'd love to, I've been to hell and back with pain, sciatica, you know yourself please ask, I'll be replying to your posts anyway.

Sinéad xxx
Sophie_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (03-03-2014), ger715 (03-06-2014), Hana (03-03-2014), Mark56 (03-03-2014), Rrae (03-05-2014)