View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 07:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Update-5 years later...

Interesting to read that I wrote my kids resections were a success. Five years later, my daughters resected rib has totally grown back and symptoms have returned. My son and daughter are both limited in their employment choices due to lifting/repetitive movement restrictions. I had resection almost 5 yr ago with returning symptoms within a year, breast reduction for neck/head/back/arm pain, symptoms improved for only months with return of pain. I continue to juggle life and do what I can to minimize pain and flareups. I also continue to seek answers to my pain issues, as do both my grown children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbn4jsus View Post
Hello,
Reading several posts on this forum has been helpful and concerning. I am a 40 yo generally healthy woman with bilateral cervical ribs. Symptoms in my neck began 20 years ago, chronically 5 years ago after a car accident.

I've done everything in the book to manage the discomfort. Both my kids have c-ribs too. They've each had one rib recestion due to arm pain with excellent results. My main symptom is neck muscles locking up randomly-spasms, upper back, some slight arm discomfort. TOS study showed vascular impingement. I consulted surgeon who did my kids' resections last week-he thinks he can help me. i am unsure. I am not a teenager to heal as quick as they did, and my symptoms are not the same as theirs. Doc thinks he ccan help-after reading here today...yikes.
I'll be checking back for any new updates. glad to know I'm not the only one

*I'll copy this to the main TOS forum also*Jo