View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 10:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tarlov cyst & stetiod injections

My advise........run like hell! Any medical professional who would suggest any kind of injection into the spine of a patient with tarlovs cysts is out of their minds. First they have no knowledge or experience what so ever with these cysts. If they did, they would never offer steroid injections.

I am a tarlov cyst patient who has been researching these cysts since 2005. One of my 3 cysts became symptomatic last December. I have been to Johns Hopkins Hospital twice for for an alternative treatment to surgery.

I had steriod injections before I knew I had these cysts. Most patients will tell you that even if you get relief, it's very short term. After the second injection I had, the pain was so bad, I could not walk the next day. That was it for me.

Please do more research before proceeding with the injections. Dr. Oz had a past segment on his show about the safety of these injections. It will shock you and will surely change your mind. The medications used are NOT FDA approved for use in epidural injections. The segment is on youtube. See if you can find it. *edit*

The sad truth is that people assume Dr.s have your best interest in mind. Trust me they do not! It's all about money!!! In my opinion the risks outway any benefit you may get if any.

Last edited by Jomar; 03-02-2014 at 11:58 PM. Reason: sorry no linking or redirects allowed for new members
jcyster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote