Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Nex88,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. It sounds like your neck could be contributing to your problems. The combination of neck injury and concussion can be troubling to understand. There are two issues with a neck injury. First, you need to find a way to help the neck achieve proper alignment so it can heal. Some gentle traction and manipulation can help. Second, you need to adopt posture disciplines so the neck is not strained when you are sleeping or resting. Third, good posture during your work day will also be good.

I had to lower my computer screen so I did not need to lift my head to see the screen. I also learned to turn my shoulders if I wanted to turn my head to look to the side. Treat your neck as if it is always symptomatic even when it is not. It takes months for the cervical ligaments to heal and strengthen with proper posture.

Finding the right help with your neck will be a challenge. Most chiropractors are too aggressive. A physical therapist may help if he/she is not obsessed with range of motion gains.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote