View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Empathy

Tony,
I believe that each person has their own level of tolerance for pain. Some more than others. While one person's pain may in all truthfulness be the same as another's pain, the ability to tolerate it is different. I tolerate a lot of pain but I know from watching my husband, mother, dad and others that people are different in the way they sense pain. My husband had to have back surgery just a few months ago. He took pain medicine only 4 days after he returned home. He stayed only two days in the hospital. He takes nothing now. He is a special man. He has a 3 inch scar on his back and they had to take out bone. But he tolerates or senses pain differently from most and others are the same way.

I've been walking on a broken ankle and broken foot, exercising with broken ribs, and only recently found out why I couldn't get out of the bed...a broken sacrum on top of a broken thoracic spine. Pain meds? I took them in the hospital for 4 days and then took myself off of them because the side effects were intolerable for me. All of this with PN too. Am I in pain? Yes,...lots of it.

I understand what you are saying and wish there was some way I could help. You are entitled to feel whatever you feel.

Billye
Silverlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote