View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 08:49 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TellerMomof3 View Post
On the right side I had an extra rib, winging scapula, and generally did not have the best posture. So I don't if the left side would have an extra rib, as have not ever had MRI's done on that side. Did not ever had trama, but originally was thought to be partially caused by repetitive stress like typing.
Good Morning TellerMom,
Thanks for sharing your story. Your story is similar to mines. I've been dealing with TOS now for 21 years. I had my third surgery on my left side in Dec of last year. It was a Scalenectomy. My previous two surgeries was on my right side. One in 1994 and the other one in 2002, or 2003. I was told they remove only the first rib. Well I didn't get better, and I went through years of pain, swelling, involuntarily movement, etc., before I had this third surgery. This third doctor informed me he wanted to do this Scalenectomy, hoping it would help my left side, and with the symptoms on my right. He did the left side because I loss so much use of the arm and hand. I will see him next week for my second post op visit, and give you all an update. FYI, my symptoms on my right side has not improved. Left side from the Dec surgery is okay. Still in a lot of pain, some swelling, and other symptoms. But I haven't had physical therapy yet, so this is probably the next step he has for me. He did inform me, if I do not have any improvement in my right side, I might need a fourth surgery,but I more than likely will not have it. Sorry for the long response, but I thought you should know, you are not alone. I'm praying you, and keep fighting.

God bless
20YrsTOS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
brisco71 (03-03-2014), TellerMomof3 (03-03-2014)