View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 08:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Some information for Mel

Hi Mel - I have done something similar to this a couple of times about a year ago and another time (just the other night) and at some point later I will get what I call an electric type twinge or zap every minute or so (sometimes less). I have to tell you that when this happens to me I am unable to sleep and there have been a few nights when I have been awake all night. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING takes this away. I have loaded up on magnesium, have soaked my foot in Epsom Salts, have taken more pain medication that I should have, have sat and massaged it - still every minute - zap!

What I have tried recently is putting cold on it and then putting the heating pad on it. Walking also seems to help, but you can only walk around your whole house so many times in the middle of the night. The minute I tried to lay down, back it came. After some hours (sometimes many) you can feel it lessening and at some point, IT IS GONE!!!

When it happened the other night, it was on the outside of my right heel. Very strange as I do not remember hitting it at all.

The first time this happened, the top of my foot got caught under the door. That was when I yelled for help in the middle of the night on the old board hoping someone else had ideas of what I could do. Most of the suggestions here came for all the good people on this board as I had no clue what to do and I was desperate.

I am hoping this does NOT happen to you, but wanted you to have this information just in case.

Here's to a PAIN-FREE night for you!