View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllPn View Post
I probably should go on something as migraines are getting more prevalent.
Can you define "more prevalent"? Whether or not to go on a preventative is a judgment call between doctor and patient, and whether or not an effective abortive can be found.

There are side effects with every medication, so it's always a benefit vs. risk situation.

FWIW, one of my first (and worst) migraines sent me to the ER too. The pain sent my BP dangerously high, but they gave me some kind of rescue med that worked.

What you describe sounds like it could definitely be migraine; I think I mention earlier in this thread (haven't looked ) about acephalgic (or silent) migraine—that have an aura, but not necessarily any pain associated with them. There's also silent migraine with vertigo (a.k.a. vestibular migraine). <---Check this one out and see what you think.

Migraines can most definitely be multi-day affairs. I'm totally wiped out the day after—kinda like a hangover.

Not sure if I understand your last paragraph. TVs & Computers can cause something called computer migraine.

It's possible to have more than one (and possibly several different) migraine types—individually, or simultaneously.

Do you ever lose vision in one eye?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.

Last edited by Dr. Smith; 03-04-2014 at 03:25 PM. Reason: typo
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote