View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 10:09 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Very sorry to hear, Beatle. As like you, I too have numbness in the hands and the feet that have yet to be show any signs of warmth or getting better anytime soon. It's very frustrating, but I haven't given hope.

I haven't had a drink for 14 months, and I've taken a lot of the supplements everyone else has been taking (though on and off, as I think it has attribute to some weight loss, in which I'm already too skinny for)

CoQ10 seems to be the only missing ingredient in my supplement intake, as I get rashy when taking it. I may have an allergic reaction to it.

The body is amazing and I do believe there will be a way to turn this around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatle View Post
I am not sure if it is AL related but I think it is. I drank heavily (nightly binge) for 10 years, developed HBP first and then a couple of years later, all of the classic PN symptoms came on in my fingers and toes, rather quickly and have increased over time to hands and feet, legs and arms and now I also get tingling in my spine, groin and even facial numbness and there are days I cannot walk (like yesterday).

I've been to three neuros and have had a lot of testing including gallons of blood work, lumbar puncture, EEG, three EMG's, and two MRI's (brain and cervical spine), optic nerve checked too. They started by looking for MS but my diagnosis is currently IPN. I am 44, male, 6', 155lbs, vegan diet for the past 15 years and I workout every day. I do everything right with regards to health, except for that 10 years of the binge drinking. In retrospect, I believe I could have suffered a vitamin deficiency (thiamine or B12) due to a combo of the the drinking, vegan diet and not properly supplementing but as my neuro says, "we may never know the cause".
"Thanks for this!" says:
beatle (03-23-2014)