View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

yesterday,i had my appointment in the afternoon with Dr villafane ,i was very happy as it was my first meeting in 3 years since i started the Nicotine therapy , where i went without any Sinemet in my system...
i was functioning extremely well !
he was glad but not surprised...i asked him if there is a Dose to reach,he answered me that there is not such thing...i have currently reached the 35mg nicotine level since 2 months
he said that he has patients doing very well at lower doses and other where bigger doses are needed,every case is different...
he said also that Nicotine therapy has still a lot of problems to get recognition as the Big pharma labs are not so interested as they won't make big profits with it,and nicotine still has a very poor image as nicotine is falsely associated with cigarette diseases
but nicotine in itself is not bad, it's the other additives in cigarettes which are provoking health problems .
So for me,i should stay at 35 mg for the upcoming months .
Drevy,let me apologize about the 60 mg,i had forgotten i had given (and was given ) this info 3 yrs ago...
i am always scared if some PD comrades decide to do the Nicotine therapy by themselves and decide to start at a big dosage, which might not work .

Last edited by villiers; 03-04-2014 at 06:00 AM. Reason: adding infos
villiers is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anagirl (03-04-2014), Betsy859 (03-05-2014), Lemonlime (03-05-2014)